Due the Coronavirus pandemic the Mayor has asked that we close all offices to the public.

We ask at this time you please utilize our online and remote service options to conduct any business with the County Clerk. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but public safety is our top priority.

Learn More

Business Tax


Business Tax


We issue Standard Business Licenses (businesses that gross over $10,000) and Minimal Activity Licenses (businesses that gross between $3,000-$9,999). Most businesses located in Wilson County who gross or expect to gross over $3000 annually are required to have a business license.

Please note that if your business is located within Mt. Juliet, Lebanon or Watertown city limits you are required to also get a license with the city your business is located in. 

All Standard Licenses are renewed through the TN Dept of Revenue.


Options to Apply for Business License

  1. Apply online by clicking here. Once it is processed we will mail you your business license.
  2. Print and mail your application with your $15 check to the Wilson County Clerk. Click here for application form. 


Checks should be made payable to Jim Goodall Wilson County Clerk. Completed applications can be mailed to:

Jim Goodall, Wilson County Clerk
129 S. College St.
Lebanon, TN 37087


$15 Cash or Check

$15.56 Credit/Debit

$16.32 Online (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted)